The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
When you use the www.internationalfleet.com website, the data processing controller (cf.section 7; hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”) will process your data and save it for the length of time required in order to fulfil the defined purposes and applicable legal obligations. This document will inform you what personal data we process and save, how this data is processed and what rights you have with regard to this process, particularly in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
1. Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
a) When visiting the website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are. We will only be provided with the name of your Internet service provider, the website via which you visit us and the pages you visit on our website. This information will be analysed for statistical purposes; as an individual user, you will remain anonymous for the duration of this process.
2. Forwarding of personal data to third parties
We will not forward your personal data to third parties. In particular, the controller will not transmit your data to companies in states outside of the European Union.
Cookies are used to store information that is generated in conjunction with the specific end device you use. However, this does not mean that we are able to directly determine your identity using this information.
We also use temporary cookies in order to make our website more user-friendly. This type of cookie is saved on your end device for a limited period of time. If you visit our website again to make use of our services, the website will automatically remember your previous visit together with any information or settings you have provided or adjusted, so that you do not have to enter this information again.
load it. These cookies will be deleted automatically after an individually defined period of time, or after 24 months at the latest.
The data processed by cookies are required for the aforementioned purposes of our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with art. 6, para. 1(f) of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are saved on your computer or you are always prompted to accept each cookie before it is created. Bear in mind though that completely deactivating cookies may prevent you from using some of the functions of our website.
For full information on the cookies we use on this site, please visit: Adobe Analytics Cookies
4. Tracking/Web analytics
We use the tracking measures listed below in accordance with art. 6, para. 1(f) of the GDPR. Our aim in using these tracking measures is to continuously optimise our website and tailor it to the needs of our users. We also use these tracking measures to record statistics on the use of our website. We then use this data to optimise our advertising content. These interests are legitimate under the terms of the aforementioned regulation.
For information on the purposes of the data processing and the categories of data processed, please refer to the
description of the tracking tools in question.
- Your browser type/ version
- The operating system you are using
- The referrer URL (the site you visited directly before ours)
- The host name of the computer you are using to access our website (IP address)
- The time of your server request
This information is used to analyse your usage of our website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services associated with the use of the Internet and this website for the purposes of market research and the tailoring of this website to suit its users’ needs.
This information may also be passed on to third parties where required by law or if third parties have been contracted to process this data on our behalf. Your IP address will never be associated with other data in the possession of Adobe. IP addresses will be anonymised to prevent association (IP masking).
You can prevent cookies from being installed on your device by adjusting the settings in your browser software. However, we hereby explicitly inform you that such action may prevent you from utilising the full scope of functions available on this website.
You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie in relation to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and processed by Adobe by objecting to the collection of your data by Adobe Analytics. If you do this, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your device to prevent your data from being collected during future visits to this website. The opt-out cookie will apply only in the browser you are currently using and only to our website. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to re-install the opt-out cookie. Please click here for more information.
You can find more information on data protection in relation to Adobe Analytics here.
5. Data security
All the data you submit to us personally is transmitted in encrypted form using the conventional, secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a secure and proven standard used in many sectors, such as online banking. When you are using a secure TLS connection, the URL in the address bar of your browser will start with https:// (as opposed to http://), or a padlock will be displayed at the bottom of your browser screen.
We also employ technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental and deliberate manipulation, partial and complete loss, destruction, and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are subject to ongoing improvement in line with technological developments.
6. Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights:
- In accordance with art. 15 of the GDPR, the right to demand information on the personal data concerning you that is processed by the controller. In particular, you can demand information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your data (if it has not been collected by the controller), and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as well as meaningful information on the details of the same where applicable.
- In accordance with art. 16 of the GDPR, the right to demand the rectification or completion of personal data concerning you saved by the controller without undue delay.
- In accordance with art. 17 of the GDPR, the right to demand the erasure of personal data concerning you saved by the controller, providing the processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In accordance with art. 18 of the GDPR, the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data, providing you contest the accuracy of the data in question, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the data in question, the controller no longer needs the data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to processing in accordance with art 21 of the GDPR.
- In accordance with art. 20 of the GDPR, the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to transmit this data to another controller.
- In accordance with art. 7, para. 3 of the GDPR, the right to withdraw at any time the consent you have given to the controller. If you do this, the controller will no longer be permitted to continue any data processing activities that were predicated on this consent.
- In accordance with art. 77 of the GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In order to do this, you can generally contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence or place of work or for our company headquarters.
7. Right to object
In accordance with art. 21 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, providing you do so on grounds relating to your particular situation or your objection is to general direct marketing or direct marketing tailored specifically to you. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we must implement regardless of your particular situation.
Postal address of the controller and the data protection officer:
Volkswagen Financial Services AG
Gifhorner Strasse 57
If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Validity of and changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is currently valid, and was last updated in October 2018.
In the course of further developments to our website and related services or due to changes in legal regulations or the requirements of the relevant authorities, we may need to make changes to this privacy notice from time to time. You can access and print out the latest valid version of the privacy notice at any time at [https://www.internationalfleet.com/data-privacy-policy.html].
There was a technical error, please try again.